Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.

After knowing the exact history of Memorial Day it seems funny (or even weird) to say Happy Memorial Day! But, we do Honor and remember those who served our country and are presently serving! My family when I really think about it is a "Military Family". My grandfather served in the Coast Guard, my father in the Army (during Vietnam War), myself (United States Air Force) during Desert Storm! My sister is serving her second tour in Iraq with the Army! My brother served as a Marines. He is now in the Army Reserves and still has a bullet lodged in his leg. So, I guess I can safely say or consider my family a "Military Family".

Oh, and not to forget the love of my life: My Dear Husband served in, you guessed it, the Air Force. He has been retired for over or about 15 years now! We met in Spain, what a beautiful country. We could pack up and move there tomorrow and it would not bother me a bit, I loved it there that much! Our oldest child is now nearly 14 and our youngest is 2 1/2. We've come a long way baby!

S0, thank you to all who have served, and are still serving. It is like another friend put it in her blog, a huge sacrifice. To my sister and her family, God is with you and her and will bring her home safely. That is my Prayer! Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Great post... it definitely takes a special kind of person to serve in any branch of the military and we should all be more appreciative of those who make sacrifices for us!

    ReplyDelete