Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Blueberry Jam Preserves

Oh, what a feeling! I've been wanting to learn how to can and or make jam preserves for quite some time now! The only person in my family who practiced this fine art was my Nana. Although, Nana perfected this rare ancient ritual, she did it back in the day out of necessity. Having five daughters to raise and Grandpa wasn't always around.

So, my daughters and I, along with our lil soldier boy and mz. Latina my niece, who come to visit every summer. We must have picked at least 10-15 lbs of blueberries. For our first time ever, that was awesome! That is not including the other five pounds consumed while picking! LOL. What a fun day, we did the picking about three weeks prior at a local farm in New England. How peaceful! If you've never experienced walking up and down the isles, picking berries, you must try it at least once! So, our schedules finally meshed where my Girl friend and I could get together at her house and prepare our jam! All I can say is that it is not as hard as I had envisioned. This is sure to become a family ritual of ours for years to come!

Chow for now,
-Nubian

No comments:

Post a Comment