Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have You Woken Up too see a Bat Flying...

Have you ever rolled over and heard a noise at night? Pausing for a second, I thought I'd heard a weird sound... Opened my eye's and a bat (you know, black, long wings, etc.) Flying over my head! I was like what the...heck! At first you lay perfectly still..my son was right beside me sleep, so I got up slowly trying to think of what to do next! Leaving my son (my shadow) behind on the couch. What was I thinking! Here it is 1:00 in the morning, my shadow guy jumps up as if he has sensed something wrong and he is down the steps behind me. Grabbing him, I nearly fall down the steps, catching my balance. We make it to the bottom of the steps and hide out for a few moments in the bathroom, while I catch my breathe. Of course, so nervous that I had to take a potty break. I'm thinking "I know I live up North and another friend had just shared with me that her friend in Maine, had just experienced a "Bat" the other night in her bedroom also" but this is ridiculous. What is it "Bat" season? Or is it because of all the rain we've had? Don't get me wrong, this is not our first "Bat" in this house. I'm feeling like we need to call "Ghost busters/"Bat Busters or something". Then...I remembered I am not home alone! Besides my shadow, still glued to my hip, their were four sleeping beauty's upstairs with their bedroom door shut and (Thank God) my DH (Dear Hubby) was sound asleep in our room. Now, you might be thinking "why did I not think of DH right away"?! Well, because he works nights and just by the "Grace of God" he was home! WooHoo!

(I will have to continue this later, because it is now 2:30am) I'll update post later today! I's tired!

So, I ran to the back stairs near my upstairs bedroom and started calling for DH! He yelled back "Don't come up here!" Which meant he had already encountered the "Bat"! You see my family as been exposed to some real pest (more on that later). DH had gotten up to use the bathroom, was about to go back to sleep, leaning back in the bed and the same bat (probably following sound, because they are blind ;) flew over his head. He flew out of the bed and hit the floor! Crawling over to the corner of the room behind the dressers he keeps the long bee bee gun, there. All I could hear was the sound of pellets hitting stuff upstairs. After about ten ping sounds he finally hit it. No, not while flying, but when it planted it self on the wall. DH's sight finally kicked in without his glasses and he was able to focus. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. If DH had been at work, my family and I might still be huddled in that same cramped bathroom, waiting for him to return from work! LOL! God is good all the time!

When we lived in Virginia, my DH fell asleep on the couch and he awoke because he felt a snake climbing up the back of his head! No joke! He jumped up and grabbed his mache-dee (he is a Jamaican Mon) he nearly shopped up our downstairs living room in that old country house. He just kept saying don't com down here! When he did catch it, he chopped off it's head, it was still over six feet long. Just a little old black garden snake. Well thank you for reading and commenting. Happy hunting! Enjoy the rest of the summer!

-Nubian

3 comments:

  1. A bat! When we came from service last week there was one on the porch outside the front door. My hubby just laughed at my reaction. I refused to go close to the door until it moved away which of course it did the closer I moved toward it. What happened to the bat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids would love to have a bat in the house!
    I've had a friend loose one in her house. She always hates when it is eventually discovered---dead. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Thank you for commenting...My DH killed the bat... sad to admit that now, I know they are nearly extinct. But, if you catch and release they will return.

    ReplyDelete