Saturday, August 29, 2009

Tasca Hopping

The other day while one of my three daughters (the Eldest), was working on the final touchs of a skit at our local Library. Me, myself and I decided to park my car on the Main street and walk around our little downtown area. What a surprise, all the new little shops! Clothes, jewely, you name it. The area that I had grown up and moved away from, had now revitilized itself. My family and I have now lived here for three years. But, this was really my first getting out alone and just taking a casual troll. Upon turning a corner and looking around, I felt almost like I was back in Madrid, Spain. Little eatories (like Tascas) that were on every corner in downtown Madrid. It was a wonderful site to see. Just as I was about to turn back to meet my daughter at the library. An older gentleman in his 70's or 80's was beckoning me to come and have a look see. He kept pointing to this one Tasca in particular, I kept waving and saying "Gracias" (Thank you in spanish) but he kept persisting! Waving like he was saying come in, come in have a seat. All this without saying a words. Just as I thought I'd broken away from his friendly smile and gesture to return another day (which we all know probably would not have happened) My neighbor whom I've known for years, but have never had the pleasure of just sitting and chatting, came out of the little latino resturant. She was just sitting, having a nice relaxing morning. Peering out the window, watching people walk slowly by and sipping on a cafe con leche. She invited me to sit with her, then quickly poured me half of her fruity mango cool refreshing breakfast drink, that had just arrived to the table. We chatted, catching up on each others summer and how quickly time and summer had passed. Her son was away in Ecquador with his father, and my children were keeping busy with local activities. After about fifteen minutes, we bid our good-byes and vowed to get together like that again. Hopefully next time on purpose! Wow, what a wonderful interuption, I thought as I walk back to my car and drove around the corner to the Library. Wouldn't it be nice if we took a little time to enjoy the view.

Call a friend that you have not seen in a while and go and enjoy lunch together.

Tata for now!
-Nubian

2 comments:

  1. I passed along the Kreativ Blogger Award to you! http://senilemomentia.com/2009/09/yippee-kreativ-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will sincerely point out you actually come up with quite a few superb ideas and I will publish a variety of creative ideas to add in soon.Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete