Sunday, August 9, 2009

Feature blog for Coloquymoms!

"katjrobertsonHey how would you like to be featured next week for @colloquymoms launch party?"

"katjrobertsonI just need a bio, a photo, and a post of your blog. :)"

O.K, don't panic! I can do this!

As I sit down to try and attempt to write my first official brief Bio and short (ha, ha) blog entry... I reach down on the floor of the Dining Room and pick up a pencil, now... for a clean piece of paper to start off, with no crayon drawings or magic marker hand prints! You see, at my house we have organized chaos! I know where everything is it just does not have a permanent home, yet.

We have no cable, satellite, or Internet. So, I would have to write down my thoughts and feelings then drive to my parents house and use their computer. Which does give me a few moments away from my lovely children. Yes, of course I love my children and family! I would not be able to Homeschool them for the now 9th year if I did not.

Let me start again by introducing my self, on the Internet I like to be known as Nubian or NubianQueen. I've been a stay-at-home Mom for 12 years give or take a few weeks of seasonal work like the U.S. Census. For the most part I've been home, what I hear a lot of is, "Oh, how fortunate you are to be able to stay at home." Well it's mostly been about making sacrifices! But, yes I do believe it has been a joy and a blessing!

New chapter of my life does begin tomorrow, Monday is the BIG day! I begin a job outside of the home! Although, I would love to be one of those Mom's with wildly successful blogs or stay at home jobs. This blogging thing is all new to me! So, it ain't happening yet! "It's time to make the donuts." (That's from an old commercial, if you are younger then thirty you may not know or remember it? LOL ;)

So, with my background being in Communications in the Air Force (Served during Desert Storm). I set out to fill out some job applications! Do you know how intimidating that was. After almost 12 years of no employment! I was forgetting dates, having to just wing it! But, sticking to the truth and not fudging. The hardest part was filling the missing dates when I worked here and there for a few weeks at a time. Well, it all paid off, Monday is Orientation! Don't want to say to much I still have to pass a week of cramming in information! Plus go home and cook, organize my children and get ready for the next day! Welcome to the real world (right).

The one other good thing about this is my lil soldier guy will have to wean from breastmilk, WooHoo! Oh, did I say that out loud! At the rate he was going, he was going to be asking for milk on his wedding day! "Mother, may I have a sip of milk from the bitty, please Mother Dear"!
Well, that is all for now! Tata! Sorry for all the exclamation points, but, I am a very excitable person!

chow for now,
-Nubian




No comments:

Post a Comment